Wellness on the Web has been updated and is available for partner download. This new edition introduces students to:
- Website information - is it reliable?
- Government health-related health portal.
- Finding disease-specific information at university research and nonprofit websites.
- Blogs - what they are and how to use them to find current information.
- Complementary health sites.
- Healthy eating sites.
- YouTube - find anything!
- Fitness apps you can use on your smart phone or tablet.
- The importance of remaining socially connected through volunteerism.
Website reliability: the HON seal3
Government resources on the Internet4
health.gov – your portal to government resources4
Do it yourself: Local health information7
American Heart Association8
American Cancer Society9
The University of Arizona Cancer Center10
Blogs and websites11
New York Times13
Alternative medicine and healing sites15
The Tinny Buddha16
Online exercise resources17
Mobile health apps20
My Fitness Pal20
Your opinion is important to us!24