iPads no longer run iOS!
Beginning with the 2020 release of iOS, Apple has renamed the iPad operating system iPadOS. This name change reflects the diverging features between the iPhone and iPad. Many of these features take advantage of the larger iPad screen size and the accessories, like the Apple Pen, or Split View and Picture in Picture.
Some features cannot be used on older iPads. Multitasking features, and placing the Today View on the Home screen, for instance, are only available on the iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation and later), iPad Air 2 and later, or iPad mini 4 and later. If a feature
If you have the ability to contact students ahead of class, remind them to:
- Bring a fully charged device to class.
- Update their OS before class.
- Make sure they bring their Apple ID and password if they have one.
- Make sure they bring password information for any other email or social media accounts to class.
- Bring any iPad accessories they want to share.
We suggest having a simple Wi-Fi password and posting it prominently to reduce time and errors for students logging on.
Read blog posts on iOS, iPads, and iPhones